An Efficient Promotional Planner
ibs Promotions organizes the full promotional activity of the Retailers. Every year, Retailers are preparing the coming
promotional activity. ibs Promotions helps them to define each component of this through the plan definition, the promotional
event definition, the product content management and the related communication definition.communication definition.
ibs Promotions is a Solution that supports the full organization of all tasks of each actors participating to the promotional activity: this solution groups internal actors (such as Finance Department, Marketing Department, Supply Chain Department, Purchase Department and Category Department) and external actors (Suppliers, Ad Agency, Printers, Distributors).
During the plan definition process, different tasks will be done. First, the retailers take into account the past promotional activity with an internal analysis (promotion done by the Retailer) and an external analysis (promotion done by the competitor and global market trends analysis).
Once this analysis is achieved, the Executive Team defines global objectives and budget and may allocate these objectives and budget by different axes (ex: promotional events, stores, calendar and, product hierarchy). According to the objectives and budget, the marketing team define the different Promotional Events composing the promotional plan and related supporting Media.
- Savings of 7-20%
- Boosting sales by 2-4%
- Improving overall sales margin by 1-2%
- Past Promotion Plan Analysis
- Margin and sales plan analysis
- Results progress (between Y-1 and Y : margin, sales…)
- Return on Investment
- Banner strategy
- Number of promotional events and duration
- Number of supporting media
- Promotional Event Analysis
- Events performance (by theme, products, discount type, period, by supporting media)
- Margin and sales events analysis
- Return on Investment
- Item analysis (Halo and cannibalization effect, Pantry Loading Effect, Tops and Flops, Discount impact…)
- Competitors Analysis
- Sales and promotional strategies analysis
- Promotional activities analysis
- Theme of the event
- Frequency of the created events
- Period of each event
- Calendar events analysis (ex: auto racing, Back to school, Mother day…)
- Items Analysis
- Promotional offers types (BOGO, Simple…)
- Promotional implementation in stores
- Media Analysis
- Choice of the media supports
- Period of each media
- Flyer Analysis if printed media
- Format (version)
- Number of pages
- Pages allocations (items)
OBJECTIVES AND BUDGET DEFINITION
- Objectives(financial goals of the promotion) in terms of Sales, Margin, Products performance
- Budget(budget for the promotional event): Human Resources (internal and external), Supplier funds, Media creation through an Ad Agency, Flyer Distribution
These objectives give the input to the Marketing Department and Purchase Department.
“choice of the right product to be promoted that will generate enough sales and margin.”
ibs Promotions is able to fit any type of retailer organization (Centralized, Local, Mixed). Objectives and Budget can be
defined at the plan level and then be allocated at promotional event level, team, product hierarchy, stores level
(Top Down definition). Objectives and Budget can also be consolidated to the higher level (Bottom-Up way).
ibs Promotions enables the monitoring of the objectives and budget indicators.After the beginning of the promotional activity, the retailer will continue to analyse the objectives and budget and may do a roll up to check if the objectives are met. In this case, the retailer will be able to decide if these indicators need to be reviewed. The correction of the indicators (for example, increase budget, decrease objectives) or the promotional activity (creation of additional promotional events or additional supporting media) may be done.
PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITY DEFINITION
- Definition of the duration for each component
- Definition of the product hierarchy
- Definition of the Stores or Store List (group of stores as a faster way for store selection) that will participate to the promotion
- Objectives Definition
- Promotional Event Suggestion to Stores
- Product Suggestion
- Flyer Content